Monday, December 15, 2008

WORST WEEKEND EVER!!!

Well, from the heading I am sure you can guess that the Forrester household didn't have quite as good of weekend that we always look forward to. It started Friday afternoon.....at daycare. Justin picked Cade up from school around 3:30 and his teacher told Justin that Cade had just thrown up and that he was one of two students in class because all of the other kids had called in sick with a stomach bug. Ok.......we just thought maybe....hopefully... that it was a fluke and Cade would get lucky on skipping out on the stomach bug..........wow were we wrong!!! I came home around 5 and went straight to give Cade a hug. The three of us were going to go out to dinner so Justin was dressed in his new shoes, new shirt and new jeans that he had bought that afternoon. When I picked Cade up to give him a hug, I had him facing Justin........uh oh....Cade puked all over Justin's new outfit......and our boxer Ridge got a little vomit bath as well! I couldn't help but laugh though I know if I were in Justin's wet sticky shoes, I probably would have cried. This was the beginning of a long, long weekend. Poor baby was up all night throwing up. I think every square inch of flooring in our house received a vomit wax. And what a weekend to pick to be sick! I was getting worried about Cade becoming dehydrated because all Friday night he could not keep anything down but he seemed to be feeling a little better on Saturday. I did call the nurse at his doctor's office though because he had not had a wet diaper in almost 12 hours! Extremely damp diaper, yes....but like usual, no where near. The nurse said to keep track of his diapers and to put some cotton balls in each diaper so I could actually see if he was using the restroom since the diaper absorbs and it would have been harder to tell. She also said to start him on some pedialyte. If he did not have a wet diaper by that night or if he was starting to get lethargic, the nurse told me to take him to the ER for an IV. So off we went to the store for cotton balls and pedialyte.
Needless to say, Cade would not drink the pedialyte. Has anyone ever tried this stuff? It taste like thick, flavored snot being forced down your throat! No wonder. So I had to give him a shot of it down his throat every fifteen minutes...Poor guy....he gaged every time. But it seemed to start working that night. The cotton balls were yellow!
Yesterday seemed to be better. Cade only got sick twice all day....once was in mommy's hair...but that's okay as long as he is starting to feel better.
Today seems to be better....hopefully. I hate that it had to be this weekend for the bug. We had to miss out on my cousin's wedding on Saturday because I couldn't take Cade and I didn't want to leave him just in case he had to make a run to the ER but I hate we missed it. Also, yesterday I was supposed to go with my mom to see the Radio City Rockettes and I had really, really been looking forward to it......but yesterday morning.....I woke up with the bug! Crap! I am really disappointed that I didn't get to go. It's rare that my mom and I get to do anything because we are all so busy. My dad had to go in my place and I am sure that he enjoyed the show too. Oh well! Maybe next year.

No comments: