Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So I picked Cade up from school yesterday and he was extremely content. We got in the car and made it out of the parking lot before all hell broke loose. He started his little whimper and I saw in the mirror that his bottom lip was starting to turn........I try to console him as well as I can in 5 o' clock (which is not much). I can feel all of the truckers looking down on my car and getting a good laugh but there is nothing that I can do. The screams are getting louder and louder....so I try a trick that my mom said worked with me and turn the radio up for a slight few seconds to see if that can get his attention and get him to quit crying. Well, it got his attention alright but he took it the wrong way. He must have thought it was a contest to see who could be the loudest....him or the radio. Needless to say, he won hands down. What seems like hours go by and finally......silence. I look in the mirror and he is sound asleep. Perfect! I decide to stop by Backyard Burger to get dinner for Justin thinking that I can safely and without embarrassment get through this easy experience. I order and pay....no problem.......and then it awakens with a vengeance! Sitting there, waiting on my order, screaming baby, no bottle, no end in sight. Of course this is the time that Justin's burger could be placed in the Guinness Book of World Records for Longest Cooking Time Ever!! Finally, finally, we get our food and press on. This kid screamed until we got in my driveway, got him out of his car seat, bottle in hand, still screaming.........then I barely touch his lips with his bottle and silence. He just looked up and me with his watery eyes and lips locked and grinned. That little stinker.......he is suck a fake. He wasn't the least bit hungry, wet, or anything......just my spoiled little guy. You gotta love him.



Today is Cade's third day of school. Isn't is supposed to be getting easier instead of harder??? When we wake up in the morning, he has this huge grin that just melts me. He already has me in the palm of his hand. This smile makes me want to hold on to him all day long.

No comments: