Monday, August 11, 2008

First day of school

Today was Cade's first day at school. I had to wake him up and thought that he was going to get mad but surprisingly he was all smiles and giggles. It made it harder to take him to school. He was not a happy camper when he was put in his carseat which was expected but calmed down once we got on the interstate. It was really cute.......he held my finger the whole car ride and I did not want to let him go when we arrived. Anyway, when we got there, we met Ms. Sharon, the daycare director. She handles all of the kids in the morning until the teachers arrive. She definitely had her hands full this morning. Cade just sat and looked around wide-eyed not making a peep. Ms. Sharon took him and he just layed his head on her shoulder and started to drift off.......not a care in the world. Meanwhile, I have to make a beeline for the door before tears start to flow. I made it to the car composed and makeup still in tact. I am still hanging in there. I can keep feeling my eyes well up with tears but I am being strong. I know that he is going to love going to school with the other babies but I just wish it didn't have to be so soon. I will post a picture from this morning soon. He had his cute plaid overalls and new shirt on. He looked so handsome! I can't wait to pick him up this afternoon.

No comments: