Monday, January 12, 2009

No more false alarms....

Anyone that knows me knows that I insanely worry about SIDS. Justin and I bought a movement monitor before Cade was born and I have been religiously using it for 6.5 months. It is a monitor that will go off if it does not detect any movement, including breathing for 20 seconds. It does not prevent SIDS but it gives a little peace of mind. It was awesome when Cade was in his mini crib and gave us a little room to relax but ever since we moved Cade into his big boy crib, the thing will not work like it is supposed to. I guess his crib mattress is too thick for the sensitivity... or lack there of and it would go off in the middle of the night and scare the crap out of me. I dealt with the false alarms until last week when we decided that it was time for its retirement...after waking up and booking it down the hallway to Cade's room to find the alarm going off and Cade snoring away. I would have kept it longer, but there are a few cords that come out of the bottom of the mattress that I was worried might spark some wonder in my little man's mind now that he is starting to be able to move around in his crib and I think now that would be more of a threat than SIDS. I know that the risk of SIDS greatly reduces when 6 months hits but I will not be able to void that fear for at least another 5+months. I knew that being a mom brought new worries and fears but I feel like a nut case at all of the worries that I have about my little man....and this is just the beginning.......poor guy.

1 comment:

The 'Ssippi Scoop said...

Good Greif!! He is the cutest thing. Well, next to Bailey. I have worried my little heart out about SID's. In fact, I constantly put my finger under her nose to make sure she is breathing. I never even thought about SID's while I was pregnant. But it just hit me the first night we were home.