Friday, December 11, 2009

So this time I have an excuse.....our computer has been down so I haven't been able to update but this is my new year's resolution so I will be on the ball again soon.

Not too much going on right now except all of the craziness from the holidays. Justin and Cade are both doing great and we are all having so much fun right now. Cade is at an awesome age and brings a smile to our faces with everything that we do. We hate to be away from him for a minute because he is such a joy to be around. Tonight was another successful potty night. They are not regular yet but at least they are starting. He does still poo-poo in the bath tub every chance he gets.......which still grosses me out to no end. He also pees in the tub now too and he thinks it is hilarious. I guess he gets his sense of humor from his daddy:)
We are still having some attempted biting issues at school and I got the official "warning" from the daycare director that he will be kicked out if he bites again.....REALLY???? He is 18m old and everyone says this is a normal phase. Surely the daycare has had this issue prior to my little man and he is an angel majority of the time so I'm not too sure what is going on. Regardless we have started the search for a new daycare because we all know that he will bite again. It's just a matter of time before someone tries to take his toy or before he gets frustrated. Heck, I would probably bite too if I couldn't tell people to get out of my space or to express what I wanted or needed. Just think how frustrating that would be....
We are finishing up our shopping for Cade's Christmas right now and I hate to say it but he is getting a tea set from Santa. We went over to a friend's house last week and Cade had the best time playing tea with his little girl. She kept coming over and grabbing Cade's head and forcing him to drink tea which Cade politely played along and kept saying Mmmm every time she would do it. It was too cute. Of course Justin about died when he saw Cade sitting at the little flowery table holding a Cinderella tea cup. It's all in good fun and really girls toys are so much more fun than boys. I will post a pic of Cade and daddy drinking tea on Christmas morning soon!!!

1 comment:

The 'Ssippi Scoop said...

Glad to see you back in the land of the living. I thought you were gone for sure, but glad you aren't.

I can't believe that they are really going to kick him out. It is VERY normal Robyn and you sound like you are handling it well. I hope you really are. Bailey isn't even a year old yet and she got her first "Bailey bit another child on the face" note a few weeks back. We think she thought she was giving kisses because she was doing it to us too and only on the face. We seem to have it stopped for now, but it WILL return. I'm so sorry that is happening, you were so happy when ya'll first started there. What else have they done prior to the "kick out"? I mean, have they suspended him or anything or they just kick him out. I did have to suspend a few children after several weeks of biting the same child over and over and over again day in and day out. The poor kid looked abused so I had to do something to make that parent feel a little better, but I would have never gone far enough to actually remove them from the center. That sucks!

That's cute that Cade is getting a tea set. Dramatic play, it's good for 'em! Bay will probably get tractors one day.

Ya'll have a great Christmas!