Thursday, August 20, 2009

I know you all have been waiting in suspense for the parent/teacher conference update but I don't think it will be too exciting. Cade's teacher/director of the daycare wasn't feeling too well the day of our conference so she had to go home early and cancel the meeting. I did get an envelope full of fun facts about biting and what we can do to help prevent it. I looked over all of the paperwork and would be on board 100% to try and prevent the biting but there is one problem........every solution in the pamphlet says that action has to be taken right when the biting happens but I am never there when it happens so I don't know how much help I can be. I don't think Cade will understand quite yet if I sit him down 3-4 hours after the incident to explain that he shouldn't do it. Oh well.......as for now we are on a 4 day bite-free streak so maybe it was just a short phase....or maybe he just didn't like the kid (jk).

Cade's G-ma and T are going to pick him up from school today to go to his first Alabama (yuck) pep rally. I think he will have fun regardless of the red & white. He will be getting his pic with the UA cheerleaders and Big Al, well maybe Big Al. I don't really see Cade being too welcoming of a human size stuffed animal looking elephant but we will see.

2 comments:

Rita Bird said...

Hey you!
The beach was fine. Jack HATED the sand and was not crazy about having his toes dipped in the water either. The whole "beach" thing really freaked him out. Luckily, Nathan's parents were there and they babysat Jack so Nathan and I could soak up the sun.
However, he went nuts over the pool and we could hardly keep him out of it. He would cry to go back in!!

Please keep us posted on the biting, I have a feeling Jack will be a biter too and I would love some insight on how to deal with it.

The 'Ssippi Scoop said...

Of course he won't understand 3 to 4 hours later. I'm really glad to see you not getting all worked up over this. KIDS BITE!!! Parents need to get over it!!

Bailey will be a biter b/c she basically already is, just with no teeth! haha!