Friday, September 26, 2008

Beware...I am getting a little sentimental on you guys.

Since this blog is kind of a documentary for me and Justin on Cade's babyhood, I figured that I would type my top ten Cade favorites so that when he is a teenager and is too cool for his parents, we can look back on this and smile and remember the sweet little baby.

Here we go........

1. I love how Cade will make really big noises sometimes and then stop and look at me with those big eyes like he is asking....where the heck did that come from?

2. I love how I can hold Cade to a mirror and he looks at himself and smiles and coos. I hope that he will always love what he sees in the mirror and have a huge self esteem.

3. I love how Cade has started to talk (babble) to himself while he is in his carseat. He will start the moment we pull out of the driveway and continue until we get there. Some of you may know that this has been a welcome change to the continuous screaming that was the carseat routine not too long ago.

4. I love when we put him in his Baby Einstein with toys all attached and he stares so intensely at the dog in his book. He holds on to it and is wide eyed for at least ten minutes. I don't know why this facinates him but it is too cute....see picture below.

5. I love how he smiles when I sing. Poor guy, he doesn't know that I could easily be the most tone deaf, worst singer in the entire world (thanks mom), but to him, I am awesome.

6. I love how he sleeps with his mouth wide open, curled up in a little ball with his ankles crossed.....every night.

7. I love that after he sneezes, he makes this huge sigh of relief sound like it took sooo much out of him.

8. I love when I feed him and he holds my finger with his entire hand. I will have to get a picture of this.

9. I love how Cade has figured out how to see my reflection from his mirror in the back seat of the car. He will give me the biggest smile. This could be dangerous as I love to talk to him and look at his expressions.

10. I absolutely love how happy this little guy is in the mornings! Whether he wakes up at 3:30, 4:30 or 5:30, he is smiling ear to ear. It makes every day start off so great. And for those of you that know me, know that I have NEVER been a morning person....some may say that I can be a little monster if woken up too early, but somehow this little guy's smile makes the need to sleep in disappear.

No comments: